Category: Player – Amateur
Born: January 16, 1933
Place of Birth: Red Deer, Alberta
A dominant force on the Alberta golf scene since the late 1940s, Doug Silverberg has won every major provincial championship in his home province, including the Juvenile, Junior, Amateur, Open and match play. In addition to his stellar provincial record, Silverberg won the Canadian Junior in 1950 and the Senior Championship of Canada in 1994 and also represented Canada several times at the Commonwealth Tournaments, Americas Cup and World Amateur Team Championship.
- Commonwealth Team: 1954, 1959, 1963, 1967
- Commonwealth Team (Winning Team): 1971
- America’s Cup Team: 1954, 1956, 1963
- World Amateur Team Matches: 1964, 1966
- America’s Cup Team (Winning Team): 1965
- 1950 Canadian Junior Champion
- 1994 Canadian Senior Men’s Champion
- 1948 and 1949 Alberta Juvenile Champion
- 1949 Alberta High School Champion
- 1949-1951 Alberta Junior Champion
- 1954 and 1958 Alberta Amateur Champion
- 1958 Saskatchewan Open
- Alberta Amateur Champion: 1962, 1964, 1965, 1971
- Alberta Match Play Pro-Am: 1962, 1964
- 1964 Alberta Open Champion
- Central Alberta Amateur Champion: 1954 – 1961
- 1954-1961, three Central Alberta Opens
- Winner of 1958 Molson Open
- Willingdon Cup Team Winner in 1962, 1965 and 1966.
Other Items of Note:
- Douglas Silverberg served as President of Calgary Golf Association for three years.
Inducted to Alberta Sports Hall of Fame in 1985
Inducted to Alberta Golf Hall of Fame in 2005
Photos of Doug Silverberg from the collection.